2021 Mainstage Musical Theatre
Program Suspended Temporarily Due to COVID-19.
Three performances of a new take on a classic tale of how we treat “the other” in society as told through the magic of Disney. This relevant story combines talented community members with a select group of collegiate actors.
This program offered by Bay View Music Festival is designed to provide singers the opportunity to portray a lead character in one of the world’s most beloved musicals, and an important work to have on the resume of a performer able to perform in opera or musical theatre. In addition to the stage experience, participants will be immersed in the study of vocal technique, role preparation, acting technique and the skills necessary to building a career in the arts (networking, resumes, taxes, grant writing, etc).
Students interested in the mainstage musical theatre program receive training in a special opportunity for those interested in gaining mainstage experience. Fees are all-inclusive, so additional expenses are minimal while at Bay View. Opportunities may include:
- A role in the mainstage opera production
- Weekly voice lessons
- Coachings with Conductor/Repetiteur as needed
- Thriving in the Arts seminars on real life skills for a career in music
- Performance Practice Class for Singers (Art song literature and performance)
- Classes may include Acting & Feldenkrais, plus workshops in stage combat (as needed)
- Weekly performance opportunities in recitals
- Outreach recitals in surrounding communities
- Audition workshops
- Resume review, etc. to create the best package possible for auditions
- Participation in festival choir as section leader on Thur. and Sun. nights with solo opportunities
- Students will be cast in ensemble for community musical theatre production featuring other collegiate singers in the principle roles.
- Jazz/cabaret concert opportunities (optional, not obligatory)
Deadline for conservatory student auditions follows the Auditions on Yaptracker deadlines. Deadline for community member auditions is December 15, 2019. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Combine Vocal Programs to Enhance Your Experience
In order to accommodate the many experience levels and financial challenges of today’s young artists, we offer four different opportunities that can either be combined for one great 8-week experience, or a la carte.
For general questions, please contact Chris Ludwa at (231) 225-8877 or email@example.com. For more specific questions about this program, please contact Voice Chair Risa Renae Harman at firstname.lastname@example.org.