A SEVEN-DAY INTENSIVE TO STUDY AND PERFORM REPERTOIRE FROM THE AMERICAN NEGRO SPIRITUAL GENRE.
August 6 – 15, 2022
Join Dr. Everett McCorvey, Director of The American Spiritual Ensemble, Director of Opera at University of Kentucky, and Artistic Director of the National Chorale of New York for an intensive residency dedicated to studying this art form, performing in three outreach concerts.
Special minority scholarships for tuition, room and board are available for those selected for one 12 spots. Highlights may include:
- Coachings and preparation with Dr. McCorvey
- Participate in rehearsals and performances of a concert focused on the American Negro Spiritual
- Community outreach performances
- Access to all Bay View recreation offerings including beach time, swimming, sailing, etc.
- Dormitory stay at Crist Hall on Bay View campus
- Dining privileges at Bay View’s campus in Crist Hall with the other students enrolled in the conservatory program
Combine Vocal Programs to Enhance Your Experience
In order to accommodate the many experience levels and financial challenges of today’s young artists, we offer several different opportunities that can be combined for an extended experience. You can pair the Opera Mainstage with either Soulstice OR American Spirituals Intensive, but not both as they run concurrently. Audition material varies by program. Please see specifics on the YapTracker application.
For general questions, please contact Chris Ludwa at (231) 225-8877 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more specific questions about this program, please contact Voice Chair Risa Renae Harman at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.