A SEVEN-DAY INTENSIVE TO STUDY AND PERFORM REPERTOIRE FROM THE AMERICAN NEGRO SPIRITUAL GENRE.
Arrive Friday, August 7 and depart Monday, August 17, 2020
Join Dr. Everett McCorvey, Director of The American Spiritual Ensemble, Director of Opera at University of Kentucky, and Artistic Director of the National Chorale of New York for an intensive residency dedicated to studying this art form, performing in three outreach concerts.
Special minority scholarships for tuition, room and board are available for those selected for one 12 spots. Highlights may include:
- Coachings and preparation with Dr. McCorvey
- Participate in rehearsals and performances of a concert focused on the American Negro Spiritual
- Community outreach performances
- Access to all Bay View recreation offerings including beach time, swimming, sailing, etc.
- Dormitory stay at Crist Hall on Bay View campus
- Dining privileges at Bay View’s campus in Crist Hall with the other students enrolled in the conservatory program
Combine Vocal Programs to Enhance Your Experience
In order to accommodate the many experience levels and financial challenges of today’s young artists, we offer four different opportunities that can either be combined for one great 8-week experience, or a la carte. The program begins with arrivals on June 21. After performing in the musical July 9-11, students will then produce four performances of La Traviata, departing on August 7 after the opera closes. Dates below incl. arrival and departure date.
- Summer Opera, Art Song, and Recording Seminar (SOARS): Arrive Fri. June 5, Depart Sun. June 21, 2020
- MUSICAL THEATRE (Beauty and the Beast): Arrive Fri. June 19, Depart Sun. July 12, 2020
- OPERA MAINSTAGE (Verdi’s La Traviata): Arrive Sun. June 21, Depart Fri. August 7, 2020
- AMERICAN SPIRITUALS INTENSIVE: Arrive Fri. August 7, Depart Mon. August 17, 2020
For general questions, please contact Chris Ludwa at (231) 225-8877 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more specific questions about this program, please contact Voice Chair Risa Renae Harman at email@example.com.